On Tuesday, June 7, 2016, Sabrina was elected to a four-year term on the San Mateo County Democratic Central Committee (DCC). She is the sole LGBT person elected to the San Mateo County Democratic Central Committee.
In November 2012, Sabrina was elected to the San Mateo County Harbor District Board of Commissioners. Receiving the highest number of votes (120,656) from a pool of six candidates and currently serving a four-year term.
Sabrina was the first openly lesbian candidate to win a countywide election in San Mateo County and she serves as the highest-ranking lesbian in the county.
In 2009, she completed a term on the Midcoast Community Council, an elected municipal advisory council to the San Mateo County Board of Supervisors.
Boards and Committees
- San Mateo County Harbor Commission
- SMC Harbor District Finance Committee
- Jan 2015—Jan 2016
- Jan 2016—Jan 2017
- Oyster Point Marina Liaison Committee
- April 2015—Jan 2016
- San Mateo County Democratic Central Committee
- Coastside Progressive Democrats, Founder & President
- Coastside Democrats, Elected Director
- Coastside Bicycle Coalition, Founder
- Midcoast Community Council
- Midcoast Parks and Recreation Committee
- Highway 1 Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Committee
Awards & Training
- 2015—District Leadership Foundation, Special District Governance Award
- 2011—Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund and Institute Candidate & Campaign Training