I was 8 years old when the Harbor District first took on debt in 1976.
By paying off the final loan balance on April 12, 2016, the Harbor District saved approximately $506,200. The harbor commission paid off the loan in a 4-0 vote at the April 6, 2016 regular meeting.
- The Harbor District had 13 loans with Division of Boating and Waterways
- The first loan was in 1976
- The most recent loan was in 1989
- The District borrowed $13,647,000 for development at Oyster Point Marina
- The District borrowed $6,630,000 for improvements at Pillar Point Harbor
- The District has borrowed and repaid a total of $20,277,000
- By paying off the final loan balance yesterday, the District saved approximately $506,200